Vedika, one of the freshest faces in the South Indian film industry was born as Pooja on 21st February, 1982. She is a Kannadiga, from Sholapur, Maharashtra, and has acted in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada movies.
• Her first film was Madrasi (2005). The film was such a huge success that it was subsequently dubbed in Telugu and released as Sivakasi/Aaj Ka Lawaris.
• Her next Tamil venture Muni (2007) also did well, and was dubbed into Telugu too.
• Vijayadasami (2007) and Baanam (2009) are her other Telugu films.
• Kaalai (2008), Sakkarakatti (2008), Malai Malai (2009) are her Tamil films that have given her recognition in the industry.
• In 2008 she appeared in a Kannada film, Sangama.
Vedika has a Master’s Degree in Marketing from London.
She is professionally trained in Bharatanatyam, Kathak and Jazz.
If she was not an actor, she would have started her own restaurant!